Enjoy the thrill and freedom of flying an aeroplane while learning the ropes in a supportive environment.

Our experienced instructors are here to teach you the skillset you need to fly confidently and safely in any situation or airspace.

The Basics

A PPL (A) allows you to fly your friends and family around in an aeroplane anywhere in Australia.

Training Requirements

  • Minimum 40 hours flight training
  • 1 theory exam covering 7 subjects
  • PPL flight test
  • Train full time or part time (flight training only - theory is full time 4 weeks)
  • Be at least 17 years old at time of flight test
  • Flight training costs start at $18,270 with minimum hours flown in a C172 aeroplane

*most students will require more than the minimum hours - contact us for details

If you would like more information about our courses and how to enrol, please fill out our enquiry form and we will get in touch shortly.

Alternatively, please give the office a call on 07 4772 4997 to discuss any of your training questions!

More Information

To obtain a private aeroplane licence, you must pass a 3 1/2 hour theory exam. This exam contains questions from the following subjects:

  • Human Factors
  • Aerodynamics
  • Aircraft General Knowledge
  • Meteorology
  • Navigation
  • Operations Performance and Planning
  • Air Law

There are two main options for you when it comes to the theory aspect of your licence

  • Learn in a classroom atmosphere. Free from distractions, our intensive theory course allows students to focus on their studies, covering all 7 subjects in a 3 week block. With the support and expertise of our instructors, this course will see you prepared as possible to tackle the theory exam


  • If you are lucky enough to be the kind of person who is self-motivated, then self-study may suit you. We can organise study materials for you to tackle around work and other commitments. Students can also book in for one-on-one tutoring as required.

You will need to obtain the following in order to gain your licence, as required by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA). Information on these, and how to complete your applications is available with our course information package.

  • Aviation Reference Number (ARN)
  • Class 2 Aviation Medical Certificate
  • Aviation Security ID Card (ASIC)